We had a disturbing experience with Grimm last weekend, as he had a very unexpected epileptic seizure in the middle of the night. Although he is fine now, we have chosen to give him a temporary leave from his therapy dog assignments for observation and rest until we know more about his situation and the effects it might have had on him. Unless this turns out to be a very frequent occurring epilepsy he might be able to go back into assisting in some therapy settings that aren’t too stressful, but we have decided that he will no longer do visitations at institutions. At least not until we know if it is a chronic state.

His training will continue as normal, as he will probably still be able to assist in exposure therapy. We are crossing our fingers that this was a singular event that won’t reoccur.